STUDENT TRAVEL GRANT INFORMATION FOR ICBC 2019
IFIP/IEEE NOMS 2018 offers travel grants to the students who registered and co-authored an accepted paper in NOMS 2018, on competitive basis.A limited number of Student Travel Grants (STG) are available for ICBC 2019 conference student attendees.
*** Application deadline: March 20, 2019 ***
To be eligible for one of these STGs, the applicant must satisfy all of the following requirements:
- The applicant must be the author or a co‐author of a paper or poster accepted for presentation at ICBC 2019.
- The applicant must be a student registered toward a Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. degree in computer science, engineering or related field in a college or university when submitting his/her application.
- The applicant is expected to have registered for the conference at the time of application.
- The applicant may not receive more than one STG in any 12-month period.
A student who is awarded a student travel grant must attend the conference in person. The student must register, attend, and present the paper (if the student is a co-author) at the conference. Payment will only be made to the student as long as the award recipient submits the expense report (with receipts) within 45 days after the conference. More details will be provided to the students who are selected to receive the STG award.
Applications should be emailed to Carol Fung(email@example.com) titled “ICBC STG application” by March 20, 2019. Application should be files in pdf format attached to the email. The Student Travel Grant Committee will notify applicants about award decisions starting from April 2.
- full name, contact information, country, and citizenship;
- ethnicity and gender (optional, used to broaden the participation of under-represented students);
- institution, academic program (B.Sc., M.Sc or Ph.D.) he/she is currently attending, full-time or part-time student;
- name and email of the advisor;
- information on whether or not a paper has been accepted by the symposium;
- paper ID, title and type (full, short, poster);
- information on whether or not a first time conference participant;
- a letter that briefly summarizes the applicant’s current research interests and accomplishments;
- a supporting letter from the advisor including his/her contact information, providing written statements regarding availability (or lack thereof) of travel funds for the student, and stating whether he/she is willing to commit to cover the cost of travel in excess of the travel grant;
- IEEE number if the applicant is a student member of IEEE Comsoc; and an at least 18 years of age acknowledgement.
If you have any queries regarding Student Travel Grants for ICBC 2018, please, contact Carol Fung (firstname.lastname@example.org), with mandatory title: ICBC STG application Question: (include your last name) soon.
Application deadline: March 20, 2019
Notification: starting from April 2, 2019
Download the ICBC 2019_STUDENT TRAVEL GRANTS(PDF, 140KB)Http iframes are not shown in https pages in many major browsers. Please read this post for details.