Foreign nationals may enter the country through various land checkpoints, airports, and seaports all over the country. The most direct way to get to Seoul is to fly on commercial airliners to Incheon International Airport (IATA code: ICN) or Gimpo International Airport (IATA code: GMP, some international flights only). These are well-connected airports servicing many major carriers from all over the world.
Currently, citizens from a selected number of nations may enter South Korea under a visa waiver program for as long as 30 to 90 days. Other nationalities are still required to apply for a visa from their home country.
We strongly advise checking entry and visa requirements related to visitors from your country before making travel arrangements. For accurate information please contact the Republic of Korea embassy/consulate in your home country or visit the Korea Immigration Service official website HERE. You may also visit the Hi Korea website which is a centralized information and services portal for visitors to the country presented in English.
- We strongly advise participants to personally check entry and visa requirements before making travel arrangements as there might be country-specific conditions that you are not aware of. For most accurate information please contact the South Korean embassy/consulate in your home country.
- The secretariat will NOT issue any Letter of Sponsorship or Letter of Guarantee if you are required to do so by the immigration department. It is the participants’ sole responsibility to obtain such documents.
- The secretariat will not refund anyone for cancellations due to visa rejections or participant’s inability to enter the country.
- We cannot change the decision of the South Korean Embassy or any other government departments, nor will we appeal to the embassy on behalf of the applicant.
- All questions/concerns regarding the status of your visa should be directed to the South Korean Embassy in your home country.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the information provided on this page.